The Triple Three Approach to Battling Life’s Challenges!

 


The Triple Three Approach to Battling Life’s Challenges

Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me.” (Micah 7:8)

How comforting these words are when we sit in the darkness of circumstances that threaten to overpower us.

Jesus Christ, the light of the world, shows us the way to life and immortality. The Psalmist also discovered where to look when difficulty came:

Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.” (Psalm 112:4)

We have what I call the TRIPLE THREE APPROACH, outlined in 2 Thessalonians, the third chapter.

First, he promises to strengthen and protect us:

But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one.” (2 Thessalonians 3:3)

Second, he directs us to focus on Christ, not on the problem. Focusing on the problem drains life from us, whereas Christ gives us power and peace:

May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.” (2 Thessalonians 3:5)

It takes discipline to focus our mind properly in the midst of the storm. Developing this discipline is a process, and we must exercise the perseverance of Christ, allowing him to overcome our anxieties and worries.

Third, he assures us that only Christ can give us the peace we seek.

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.” (2 Thessalonians 3:16)

Today, ask yourself:

Have I tried the TRIPLE THREE APPROACH when I faced a difficult situation? What steps will I take today to have this approach ready?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!