Fix Your Eyes on Christ, Not on the Problem!

 


Fix Your Eyes on Christ, Not on the Problem

“…Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:2)

One of the most difficult lessons we, as believers, must learn is how to fix our eyes on Jesus Christ instead of focusing on the problems and challenges we face.

Fixing our eyes on the problem is debilitating. It leads to depression. In fact, we can make an idol of our problem if that is all we think about.

Jesus did not focus on the cross, its shame, and the humiliation heaped on him by the soldiers and crowd. He focused on the joy, the eternal, and the ultimate results that would come from his sacrifice.

We have the promise, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.” (Psalm 32:8)

We serve the God who sees and provides. He is the God of provision. God wants us to learn how to trust him, and to see that he is truly our provider. From that standpoint, challenges become opportunities for us to learn how to trust him.

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.” (Psalm 28:7)

No wonder the psalmist said, “My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare.” (Psalm 25:15)

By trusting in God we are showing faith. God responds to faith.

Rather than focusing on the problem, keep your eyes on the Lord. “With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” (Psalm 16:8)

Today, ask yourself:

Am I fixing my eyes on my problems, or am I keeping my eyes focused on the Lord?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!