Focus on Things Eternal!

     


                                         

                        Focus on Things Eternal

“Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”
—1 Peter 1:13

In the church world today we are not often challenged to be looking for Jesus’ return. That combined with the fact that He hasn’t yet come in ages past has caused many Christians to stop looking for His appearing altogether.

But Peter is saying that we should completely fix our minds on the fact that Jesus is coming back and will reward us for what we have done in this life. We see this truth throughout Scripture. Jesus’ last words in the last chapter of the last book of the New Testament are “Yes, I am coming quickly” (Rev. 22:20). He has also promised to reward us for everything we do for Him while on this earth waiting for Him. Yeshua said, “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done” (Rev. 22:12).

Not a cup of cold water given in His name will go unrewarded (Matt. 10:42).

Beloved, focus on more than temporary satisfactions. Set your focus on things that are eternal, because Messiah Jesus is coming back soon, and He is coming back for you!

Father God, help me to focus on eternal things and to always keep in mind that Messiah Jesus is coming back for those who know Him. Help me to keep focusing on the joy set before me and what I must do while I am on this earth. Help me to never lose sight of the fact that I must tell others about You because You are coming back soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!