Don’t Park Here!!

 



Don’t Park Here!

“... But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:13-14)

I entered a parking lot and spotted a sign in front of a couple of parking spaces that said, “DON’T PARK HERE!

I got the message. I moved on.

This is what God wants us to do in our everyday life. We are to learn from the past, move on, and strain to meet the goals and objectives he has for us.

Many people make the mistake of parking in front of their failures and/or disappointments. To do so is crippling.

Instead of parking in front of our failures, we must accept the fact that our circumstances and relationships are always in a state of flux, and we must respond to the changes and challenges that come our way. To overcome challenges, we need the power of the cross to operate in our life.

The best antidote for depression and disappointment is to keep doing the next thing God wants us to do. Each day brings new opportunity for us to grow in our relationship with Jesus Christ. God is always creating. He is always on the move, and we want to keep moving with him. He is in the restoration business.

Today, ask yourself:

What disappointments or failures in my life prevent me from enjoying a growing and active life in Christ? 

It is time to forget what is behind, and press forward!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!