New Life at Work!

 



New Life at Work

Scriptures: Galatians 2:20, Romans 6:11

“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)

“In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 6:11)

Christ can live and continue his ministry through us while we are still in this world. These two verses encapsulate these “secrets” of the kingdom to us. If we grasp these truths, in faith, our lives will be in for radical change. We can become “overcomers,” no longer helpless victims enslaved to sin.

We must be crucified with Christ, counting ourselves dead to sin. Yes, sin lurks inside of us, always trying to reassert itself. But the good news is we no longer have to surrender to its control. The following verses verify this spiritual truth:

  • “Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it.” (Romans 8:12)
  • “For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin.” (Romans 6:6)
  • “For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.” (Romans 8:13)
  • “So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16)

Can we accept this truth in faith, believing it is true? We must do so if we are to experience the new life in Christ. As far as Paul was concerned, the old Paul was dead. He no longer lived, but Christ lived in him by faith! We are to have the same belief and faith.

These are verses for us to meditate on and memorize. Practice saying the following to yourself:

  1. I am crucified with Christ. The old________ (your name) is dead.
  2. Christ lives in me! He has taken up residence in my heart, and He is now in control.
  3. The life I live now in my body is by faith in Christ.

When we mess up from time to time, we then confess, for “if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

Today, ask yourself:

How strongly do I believe that Jesus Christ is living his life in me today?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

The Roots of Hope!

The Source of Son Power!