The Mountain of Self: Our Persistent Enemy!


The Mountain of Self: Our Persistent Enemy

Memorize and Meditate

Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.’ (Mark 11:22–24)

Other than Satan, the Mountain of Self is our greatest enemy. Only the Lord can deal effectively with the big “I” that needs to be broken, so Christ can live in and through us.

Soak your Heart

Only the work of the Spirit through God’s Word will bring the transformation we need. Only the Spirit can cast the Mountain of Self into the sea.

Sow to the Spirit

Pray: Father, the Mountain of Self is too big for me to deal with alone. Only you have the power to conquer it. Only you can empower me to deny myself so you can work out your will in my life.

Flow with the Spirit

Continue praying: By faith, I choose to walk in the power of your Spirit this day, moment by moment. By the power of your Spirit, I can put to death the misdeeds of the body. I choose to do so by an act of my will. I am adopting and developing a teachable attitude so you can train me. I want to get to know you better, Lord.

Practice

Practice fixing your eyes on Jesus Christ. As you pay attention to him, the Spirit of Christ will begin to rise like the morning star in your heart, freeing you from the bonds of self.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

The Roots of Hope!

The Source of Son Power!