Fish Hard! Life is Short!

Fish Hard! Life is Short!

Jesus Christ came to “…purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.” (Titus 2:14 )
The above sign hit me between the eyes when I first saw it at a dock where many boats left daily to go fishing. It brings to mind many possible spiritual applications Jesus taught that are so relevant for today. 
In Titus 2:14, Paul states clearly we have been redeemed as a special people to be zealous for doing good works. This passage helps define the purpose for why we have been left in this world.
Jesus came to finish the work that God, the Father, had given him to do. In fact, Scripture says that zeal for his Father’s house would consume him. Jesus also knew his time was limited. There was a sense of urgency about his life and his limited time in this world.
This urgent pattern for living should characterize us. I want to “FISH HARD” during the time God has given me to live. 
With each passing day, we become aware that life is truly short. Life becomes meaningful and fulfilling when we find God’s purpose for our life, and we discover the works he has prepared for us to do. Then we can be full of zeal in living life.
Today, ask yourself:
Have I discovered what God wants me to do? Am I zealous in doing it, realizing that I do not have an unlimited amount of time on this side of eternity?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!