Experiencing God’s Favor !

Experiencing God’s Favor  

Those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord.” (Proverbs 8:35) 
I find this verse highly motivating. This verse alone makes me want to know God; value his Word; practice the principles of SOAK, SOW, and FLOW; be transformed, and capture the vision God has for me.
Psalm 36:9 is another major “Button Pusher” verse for me. The psalmist writes, “For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.” 
I want to experience the life the Holy Spirit can and will impart to me as I practice the principles of SOAK, SOW, and FLOW. I also want to place myself in a position, subject to God’s sovereignty, to experience his favor on my life. What a Spiritual M&M to munch on! 
Ephesians 5:14 serves as a wake-up call: “This is why it is said: ‘Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.’” When Christ shines on our lives, things happen.  
When we bring our lives in harmony with his will, God favors us. “For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword, nor did their own arm save them; but it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your countenance, because You favored them” (Psalm 44:3). 
God’s favor is indispensable for living a successful Christian life. However, we sometimes make the same mistake that Jonah noted: “Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs” (Jonah 2:8). We must avoid clinging to false idols that would keep Christ from shining on our pathway. Nothing is worth forfeiting the favor of God!
We want to “give while we live,” for we have seen how giving with the right attitude pleases God. As we give of ourselves, it places us in a position where he can swing into action. In addition, he may favor us by showing us “hot deals from heaven” we can invest in that will echo into eternity. 
All I can say to this biblical truth is, “Wow!”  May this be increasingly evident in my life.
Today, ask yourself:
Am I incorporating these biblical principles in my life, so I can experience God’s favor in my life?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!