Fix Your Eyes on Christ!

Fix Your Eyes on Christ 

Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:2)

Most of us have issues to face while we are living in this world. Problems, challenges, and changing circumstances just go with the territory. One of the most difficult lessons to learn for us as believers is to fix our eyes on Jesus Christ instead of only focusing on the problems facing us.

Constantly fixing our eyes on problems is debilitating. It leads to depression. In fact, we can make idols of our problems if that is all we think about. Jesus did not focus on the cross, its shame, or the humiliation from the soldiers and crowd. He focused on the joy, the forgiveness, and the eternal reward that would come from what he was doing.

We have the promise, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you” (Psalm 32:8 ).

We serve the God who sees our needs and provides. He wants us to trust him and understand that he alone is our provider. From that standpoint, all of our challenges are opportunities for us to trust him. This truth can be difficult for us to learn and, for most of us, it takes time.

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.” (Psalm 28:7 )

My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare.” (Psalm 25:15 )

The Psalmist is showing us the way to face problems. We should not focus on the problem, but instead we should, “keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken” (Psalm 16:8 ).

Today, ask yourself:
Am I focusing on my problems, or am I always keeping my eyes fixed on the Lord?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

The Roots of Hope!

The Source of Son Power!