Different From the World!



 Different From the World

“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”
—1 Peter 2:9     

Reflection

Because we have been called out of darkness and into God’s marvelous light, we are a part of His royal priesthood. This means we are to walk circumspectly and avoid being like the other people in the world. We have been called out of the world, and we are not to resemble it in any way.

Yes, we live in the world, but we are not to be of this world. We are also citizens of heaven. We are not to walk according to the ways of this place, but to be transformed by letting our minds be renewed.

Paul said, “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” (Romans 12:2) Though others around us may be terrified and talking about the economy collapsing, government corruption, terrorism, threats, and all kinds of disasters, we are not to be like them.

We are not to walk in fear, but in faith. We are to remain in God’s peace and rest. The world’s negativity cannot be allowed to affect us.

The Lord says, “You are not to fear what they fear or be in dread of it. It is the LORD of hosts whom you should regard as holy.” (Isaiah 8:12-13) Dread is a deadly feeling that something bad is going to happen. It involves envisioning bad things lurking just around the corner. God does not want us to live in dread.

The truth is that we have nothing to dread when we are walking with God. He has a great plan and purpose for our lives.

We need to make up our minds not to be afraid of Satan’s lies. We should be able to say, without fear: Satan, I will not let you torment me any longer.

There is a small, dark place Satan wants to keep us in, a place of fear and isolation. But there is another place in the Spirit, the place Jesus has purchased for us. Yeshua said, “I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”

Beloved, do not remain in the place fear wants to keep you. You have been called out of darkness and into His marvelous light. You belong to God. Do not fear what the world fears. Do not be conformed to this world.

Walk in faith. Remain in His peace and rest. By His grace, make up your mind to live without fear.

Application

  • Refuse to fear what the world fears. When dread begins to rise, return your mind to God’s presence, His love, and His Word.
  • Remember who you are: chosen, called out of darkness, and belonging to God. Do not allow fear to keep you living beneath the abundant life Jesus purchased for you.

Prayer

Father God, from this day forward I will not be afraid. I love You, and I have made up my mind to follow You, not to be conformed to this world, but to be transformed by the renewing of my mind. I have confidence in Your love and in the fact that You are always with me. I have confidence in our relationship, and I have confidence that You are going before me. Thank You for redeeming me and calling me by name. By Your grace, Father, I will walk in confidence without fearing. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Give Cheerfully!

Listen Up!

PRAY!