Unworthy No More!

 



But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved.
Ephesians 2:4–5, ESV
Unworthy No More
Sometimes when we’ve done wrong, compromised, and made poor choices, we think we’re unworthy of God’s love and don’t deserve anything good. Some people say, “After all, I’m just a poor old sinner saved by grace. I can’t expect God’s blessing.” But when we gave our life to God, we were made alive together with Christ and became new creations. We are no longer sinners. Now we are sons and daughters of the Most High God, crowned with His favor and grace and destined to overcome.

Don’t fall into the trap of unworthiness. Shake off the guilt, the shame, the feelings of less-than, and “come boldly to the throne of grace to obtain mercy.” You can’t go as a weak worm of the dust, saying, “I don’t deserve it. I’m so unworthy. I can’t do anything right.” No, go with boldness. “God, You have made me worthy. I believe You love me, that You are for me, that You want to bless and prosper me.” Don’t go as a beggar; go as a believer, with confidence, with boldness, because of whose you are.
A Prayer for Today
“Father, thank You for making me righteous through what Jesus has done on the cross. Thank You that when I received Jesus into my life, I received the gift of grace and favor and became Your very own holy child. I will not carry around guilt and condemnation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Give Cheerfully!

PRAY!

Listen Up!