Think O-I-L: Opportunity, Impact, Legacy

 


Think O-I-L: Opportunity, Impact, Legacy

Memorize and Meditate

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:12–14)

Soak your Heart

We must constantly remind ourselves that we are in the process of dying to self so we can live for the Christ who died for us. As outlined in today’s verse, Christ has taken possession of us so we will not waste our time, talent, and treasure on perishable things and secular goals.

In order to reach ahead, we have to let the past go. We can’t redo those days. Our goal is to be conformed to Christ and his will.

Sow to the Spirit

In your prayer life, think of the acronym, “O-I-L.”  The letters stand for Opportunity, Impact, and Legacy. As you pray today’s verse, sow these words to the Lord.

Each day is a new opportunity to be a part of doing something for the advancement of the Kingdom.

Think of the impact of what you are doing. If it is done in the power of the Spirit, it will have an impact in this world and in eternity.

Think legacy. You will leave a legacy, one that has both earthly meaning and eternal meaning.

Flow with the Spirit

As you move with the Spirit, be sensitive to opportunities he may be placing in your path. If you are a cleansed vessel of honor, fit for use by the Master, then you can be prepared for every good work he has for you.

Practice

Practice the soak, sow, and flow principle outlined above. Be prepared for whatever opportunity God has for you today, and in the days ahead. Take advantage of them. Not only has Christ saved us, but he offers to reward those who live for him. That is what I call a huge incentive!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!