Cultivating a Relationship with God!

 


Cultivating a Relationship with God

“Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.” (Revelation 3:20)

In Kingdom of God we focus on our relationship with God. This verse in Revelation tells us how Jesus Christ will come into our lives, much like having a friend over for dinner in order to develop a relationship with us.

Jesus replied, ‘All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.’ ” (John 14:23)

When you think of someone making his home with you, it is as intimate as you can become with anyone. Not only is Jesus with us individually, but he also is with us when we are gathered together as believers.

For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.” (Matthew 18:20)

One reason he wants us to have a relationship with him is for us have a proper relationship with others. “But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin” (1 John 1:7).

Relationships with others are important in order to be more effective in fulfilling the mission God has given us to reach the world. The blood of Jesus Christ removes the sin in our lives so we can be transparent with each other and remove the barriers that separate us.

Lastly, he tells us that he will never leave us or forsake us: “Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, ‘I will never fail you. I will never abandon you’ ” (Hebrews 13:5).

Jesus is the best friend you can have. There is absolutely no one else we know who can promise this. He has the power to keep anything from being able to separate us from him.

Today, ask yourself:

Am I really aware of the friendship I can have with Jesus Christ? Am I taking advantage of cultivating it while I have the opportunity to do so?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

The Roots of Hope!

The Source of Son Power!