The King is Looking for You!


“...Don’t be afraid,” David said to him, “for I will surely show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan. I will restore to you all the land that belonged to your grandfather Saul, and you will always eat at my table...”
(2 Samuel 9:7)
The King is Looking for You

Mephibosheth was the grandson of King Saul. His father was Jonathan, David’s best friend. But when Saul and Jonathan were killed in battle, and with the enemy coming to wipe out Saul’s family, young Mephibosheth was crippled in an accident. He ended up living in exile for many years in a poor, run-down city named Lo Debar, barely surviving, with no family and no way out. But one day King David remembered his friend Jonathan and discovered that Mephibosheth was alive. He sent soldiers to look for Mephibosheth, then brought him to the palace to live as royalty and restored his family’s land.

Perhaps you feel stuck in your own Lo Debar. The good news is, the King is looking for you. He wants to restore all that belongs to you as His child—the freedom, the joy, the peace, the victory, the abundance. He wants to pay you back for the unfair things that have happened. There is a seat for you at the King’s table.

A Prayer for Today
"Father, thank You for loving me and looking for me because You want me to have all that belongs to me as Your child. Thank You that You found me and brought me to live with You in Your palace forever. I will gladly take my place at Your table. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

The Roots of Hope!

The Source of Son Power!