How to Become a Friend of God!


How to Become a Friend of God

The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.” (Psalm 25:14)

What a majestic promise!

God will confide in those who fear or respect him in the proper way. Because of our relationship with him, we are placed in a position where he can, subject to his sovereign will, bless and favor us. There is no better friend a person can have than Almighty God!

The secret of this relationship is to abide in Christ.

Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me” (John 15:4).

In John 14:23, Jesus tells us that he and the Father will make their home with us if we love and obey his commandments. “Jesus replied, ‘Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.’”

When we cultivate relationships with people, we get to know them and they get to know us. Our relationship with God follows the same pattern. Through his Word and the Spirit, he reveals “secrets of the kingdom”—God reveals himself to us as we navigate through life.

“…these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God” (1 Corinthians 2:10).

Today, ask yourself:

Am I cultivating my relationship with Jesus Christ in such a manner that he and the Father feel free to make their home in my heart?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!