Healthy Prayers!

 



You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
James 4:2–3
Healthy Prayers
In today’s Scripture, the word “amiss” means “sick, weak, miserable.” This is saying, “You won’t receive when you pray sick prayers, when you pray weak prayers.” When we pray out of selfish motives or just to make it through, that’s a sick prayer. “God, I’m so defeated. Please do something.” That prayer needs to go to Urgent Care; that prayer is on its last leg. Try a different approach; try a bold prayer. “God, there’s a lot coming against me, but I know nothing is too big for You. Thank You that the blessings You have for me are so great they will overflow to those around me.” That’s a healthy prayer. That gets God’s attention. He responds to faith-filled prayers.

Are you praying bold prayers? Are you asking God to turn situations around that look impossible? How many miracles are you missing because you’re not asking? Dare to ask, not just for your needs, but for others to be blessed through you. Ask for the big things God’s put in your heart. He’s longing to be good to you.
A Prayer for Today
“Father, thank You that You want to do great things in my life so that Your greatness will be displayed. Help me to pray bold prayers that release Your favor to open new doors and bless others. I declare that I am going to ask You for everything You have put in my heart. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

The Roots of Hope!

The Source of Son Power!