A Comforting Truth!

This may contain: a young boy walking next to a statue of jesus in the park at sunset with his father

A Comforting Truth

Scripture: Isaiah 43:1

Now this is what the Lord says. He created you, people of Jacob; he formed you, people of Israel. He says, ‘Don’t be afraid, because I have saved you. I have called you by name, and you are mine.’” 

How comforting to realize that God knows us by name. He has created us, formed us, and even fashioned our hearts individually. “He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their works.” (Psalm 33:15)

Each of us is unique and special, created for fulfilling a specific purpose.

Our priority must be to discover what we have been designed for, so we can find God’s purpose for us. Then we can be busy doing the works he has prepared for us. “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” (Ephesians 2:10)

When we are used for our designed purpose, we can live the abundant life.

We must listen for the voice of the Shepherd, “The one who guards the door opens it for him. And the sheep listen to the voice of the shepherd. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.” (John 10:3, NCV)

By delving into the Word of God, we listen for what he has to say to us individually. His Spirit will prompt us and lead us in into the works he wants us to do.

Most comforting is the thought of his return for us. “My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.” (John 14:2–3)

When he returns for us, we want to be busy doing the work we were designed for in his vineyard. We know he will be pleased with us, if we are focused living a life that will echo into eternity.

Today, ask yourself:

Do I know how special I am to God, believing that he created me, formed me, fashioned my heart, and knows my name? Am I looking forward to his return so I can be with him?


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

The Roots of Hope!

The Source of Son Power!