God’s Peace!

 


                        God’s Peace


And what you learned and received and heard and saw in me, do these things. And the God of peace will be with you. (Philippians 4:9)

Peace is a rare commodity. People spend billions of dollars to find peace through drugs, alcohol, pleasure, and other experiences.

Paul shows us the only way to true peace. Peace comes from God:

Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; I do not give it to you as the world does. Do not let your hearts be distressed or lacking in courage” (John 14:27).

Paul, who experienced a lot of conflict and trouble in his life, shows us how to tap into the source of this peace. So, what can we learn from Paul?

First and foremost, Jesus was the focal point of his life: “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain” (Philippians 1:21, NIV). Everything in Paul’s life centered on Christ. We need to ask ourselves: What is the center of my life?

In addition, the Spirit supplies and makes provision for us: “For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ” (Philippians 1:19). This statement was written when Paul was in prison. He had confidence in Son Power to work in his life and deliver him.

Finally, Paul knows that God has control over all circumstances: “Do not be anxious about anything. Instead, in every situation, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and mindsin Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6–7).

God’s peace is better than any solution this world can offer. The peace we experience through Son Power will enable us to face any difficulty we face.

Today, ask yourself:

In what ways am I experiencing God’s peace?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!