A Pen Filled with Ink!

 


              A Pen Filled with Ink

My heart overflows with a pleasing theme; I address my verses to the king; my tongue is like the pen of a ready scribe. (Psalm 45:1)

We use this key verse to help us with the Kingdom of God concept of Soak, Sow, and Flow. As we soak our heart in the Word of God and recite our verses to the King, the Spirit causes our heart to overflow with spiritual impact. This discipline strengthens us so the Holy Spirit can prompt us to continue his ministry in this world.

Let’s focus on the word pen mentioned in Psalm 45:1. You and I are like pens. A pen is an instrument used to communicate a message to others. Without ink, the pen is useless.

The Spirit is like the ink needed for a pen to function. In order for us to be “pens” or instruments God can use to continue “writing his story” to this generation, we need to be filled with the ink of the Holy Spirit.

If we are to be fruitful in our knowledge of Jesus Christ, we need the filling of the Spirit.

A pen without ink is left on the desk. Only when it is filled with ink can it be picked up by the writer to write a message. My personal goal is to be a pen filled with “the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowshipof the Holy Spirit” (2 Corinthians 13:13) so that I can be God’s message to the world.

Just think what powerful instruments we will be when the grace of Jesus, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit dominate our lives!

Today, ask yourself: In what ways am I a pen filled with ink writing God’s story to the people around me?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!