Prepare for Action by Focusing on the Light of God’s Word!

 



Prepare for Action by Focusing on the Light of God’s Word

Memorize and Meditate

Because of that experience, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. You must pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a lamp shining in a dark place—until the Day dawns, and Christ the Morning Star shines in your hearts.” (2 Peter 1:19)

So prepare your minds for action and exercise self-control. Put all your hope in the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world.” (1 Peter 1:13)

Soak your Heart

Scripture repeatedly reminds us to set our minds on the things above and prepare for action. We do this through the transforming work of the Word of God. We are to pay attention to God’s Word the same way we would fix our eyes on a light in a dark place.

Sow to the Spirit

Pray: Father, I place my confidence in your Word. I place my trust and hope in your Word.  I am paying attention to it like I would to a light in a dark place. By your grace, discipline my mind to ignore the distractions of this world and focus on your light.

Flow with the Spirit

Continue praying: Father, I am setting my hope fully on the grace that comes to me through Jesus Christ. This is the only stability I can experience in an ever-changing world. I believe you will reveal yourself to me as I navigate through life on this side of eternity.

Practice

Feast on God’s Word today, realizing that Christ in you is the hope of your glory. Ask God to prepare you for action!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!