The Power of the Cross!

 



The Power of the Cross

The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.” (1 Corinthians 1:18)

  • It is by the cross we are crucified to the flesh and its passions and desires.
  • It is by the cross we are crucified to the world with all its lures of temptation.

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.” (Galatians 5:24)

As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world’s interest in me has also died.” (Galatians 6:14)

SON POWER enables us to die to self and live in a way that pleases God. The Apostle Paul said, “Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies. Yes, we live under constant danger of death because we serve Jesus, so that the life of Jesus will be evident in our dying bodies.” (2 Corinthians 4:10–11)

Our greatest adversary (second to the evil one), is the big “I,” who needs to progressively die so the life of Christ can be manifested in us. This is a heavy truth, and is usually painful as we work it out in our life.

This principle totally differs from what the world says. The world says, “Assert yourself. I have rights. Get out of my way. I have earthly goals to achieve. Do it my way or the highway.”

We have to die to self if we are to be effective in serving Christ, who died for us to make us acceptable to God. The power of the cross enables us to do this.

We have been born to die so we can multiply.

Jesus replied, ‘Now the time has come for the Son of Man to enter into his glory. I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives.’ ” (John 12:23–24)

Talk to God

Father, I ask that SON POWER will enable me to die to me, myself, and I so I can serve Jesus Christ in the newness of the Spirit. I realize it is the power of the cross that enables me to do so. Thank you for helping me understand why it seems so difficult, and at times painful, to live the Christian life. It also helps me to understand the times of discipline you bring into my life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!