How to Overcome the Power of ‘Me, Myself, and I’!


How to Overcome the Power of ‘Me, Myself, and I’

For You, Lord, have made me glad through Your work; I will triumph in the works of Your hands.” (Psalm 92:4)

The work of God enables us to live the Christian life. We must soak our heart in that revelation!

God has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints. He is the one who has delivered us from the evil one and the kingdom of darkness. Finally, he has transferred us into the kingdom of his Son where we now are governed by the law of faith (the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus), which has delivered us from the law of sin and death.

All of the above are the work of God… a gift of God to us. When we finally understand and apply these truths, they make us very glad!

The impact on our everyday living is transformative when we understand and avail ourselves of Sonpower – the power of the Holy Spirit. We now live by the Spirit, walking under his control. When we live by the Spirit we do not seek to fulfill the sinful desires of the flesh. The mighty power of God can overcome the power of the three amigos of me, myself, and I.

This is why, as in the words of the Psalmist, we can say, “I will triumph in the work of your hands.”

We are in peace:

Lord, You will establish peace for us, for You have also done all our works in us.” (Isaiah 26:12, NKJV)

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10, NKJV)

“…For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:13, NKJV)

If I unite my heart in communion with the Holy Spirit, I will be able to bring my life into conformance with the will of God. I will be able to take proper advantage of his working in me and my circumstances. He will present the opportunities, and provide the road through the wilderness for me to follow as I follow his revealed will.

Talk to God

Father, I choose to soak my heart often in your truths, and to reflect on them frequently. By faith I choose to be filled by your Spirit to make them personally operative in my everyday life. I look for the signposts along life’s way that you provide so I can remain on the King’s Highway of Faith. I know if I do so, I will grow in my relationship with you. In Jesus name, I pray.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!