“Here I am, Lord. Send Me!”


“Here I am, Lord. Send Me!”

Then I heard the Lord asking, ‘Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?’ I said, ‘Here I am. Send me.Scripture: Isaiah 6:8

“Are you available?”

We need to ask ourselves this question. Often, we don’t want to accept responsibility to do things others ask of us.

This was also true in Bible times. Moses didn’t want to go to Egypt to be the spokesman for leading the people out of their Egyptian captivity. He offered all kinds of excuses.

Gideon questioned why God would choose him, when he came from such a poor tribe, to head up the means for freeing his people from their oppressors.

Jonah ran away from the responsibility God called him to.

When it was time to anoint Saul king, they found him hiding in the baggage!

God is looking for available people to do his work. Jesus said the harvest was full, but the laborers are few. When it comes to investing our time, talent, and treasure for a life that will echo into eternity, we need to ask ourselves, “Am I available?”

When Isaiah heard that question, he volunteered to be God’s messenger. Will you volunteer?

Today, ask yourself:

Am I passing up opportunities God is giving me to serve him? Am I missing opportunities to put my time, talent, and treasure “in play” for the advancement of the Kingdom?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!