What Question Would You Ask Jesus?

What Question Would You Ask Jesus?

So Jesus stood still and called them, and said, ‘What do you want me to do for you?’ They said to Him, ‘Lord, that our eyes may be opened.’ So Jesus had compassion and touched their eyes. And immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him.” (Matthew 20:32–34) 
Then the Lord said to me, ‘You have seen well, for I am ready to perform My word.’” (Jeremiah 1:12) 
If Jesus Christ were to stop by your home, what one question would ask him? 
I believe today’s passages suggest a question that should be high on our priority list: Lord, please open our eyes so we can know you better; see and understand your will for us in the time we have remaining in this world.
In our relationship with the Lord, we receive one revelation after another so we can understand what he wants us to do. 
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength.” (Ephesians 1:17–19) 
These men received their sight. Then what did they do? They followed Jesus. 
The questions for you and me are: 
Are we trustworthy to be given revelation from him? 
What will we do with revelations Christ gives to us? 
Will we follow through in accordance with what he has revealed to us? 
Will we do the works he has prepared for us?
It is interesting to note in the Jeremiah passage that the Lord said, “You have seen well, for I am ready to perform My word.”  
If we see well what God wants done, then we are in a position where he can perform his Word in and through us. 
“…for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:13) 
Today, ask yourself: 
Do I consistently ask God to reveal how he wants me to use my time, talent, and treasure to advance his kingdom? Am I following through with what he reveals to me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

The Roots of Hope!

The Source of Son Power!