Our Source of Help!

Our Source of Help


I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure.” (Psalm 16:8–9)

The Psalmist made it his life habit to set the Lord before him. This is an important lesson for us from an application standpoint. When we face problems, it is easy to focus on the problem. Focusing on the problem alone can sap our energy and lead us down the path to depression. Problems can be the tools of the CONSUMERLATOR if we are not careful how we treat them.

By focusing on the Lord, we can CONVERTERLATE the problem, using it to strengthen us in our relationship with the Lord. By focusing on the Lord we make the great discovery:

For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light.” (Psalm 36:9)

The Lord is the source of our life. Strength, joy, and help flow from the Lord. If we focus on the problem, it can consume our life. When we look to the Lord, we learn that everything is sourced in him, and that he is the source of our sufficiency to live the victorious life in Christ.

But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere.
(2 Corinthians 2:14)

Now we can be consistent in our daily walk – steadfast and immovable.

Today, ask yourself:
Am I setting the Lord before me daily, so I can confidently face the issues in my life?
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!