4 Rs: Son Power Opens Our Eyes to the Truth of the Bible!

4 Rs: Son Power Opens Our Eyes to the Truth of the Bible

“Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions. (Psalm 119:18)
“And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.” (Luke 24:45)
Before I came to have a real relationship with Jesus Christ, I had no interest in the Word of God. Foolishly, I felt I would have time to do that later in life. The few times I did read the Bible, I had no understanding about what it was actually saying. What changed my perspective?

Relationship

It was after I established a true relationship with God through Jesus Christ that I developed a desire to really read the Word of God. It was in the New Testament that I learned that we as believers have been given the right to know the secrets of the kingdom.
Jesus said, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you” (Matthew 13:11). Only the Holy Spirit can open our eyes to understand the secrets of God’s kingdom.

Revelation

Only Son Power can give us an understanding of what Scripture reveals. This understanding is freely given to us by the Holy Spirit. Jesus opened the eyes of his followers to understand the Scriptures. The same is true for us today through the power of the Holy Spirit!

Reflection

If I am going to understand the Bible, I must read it. And as I read, the Spirit of God will open my eyes and give me the understanding of what it says. He also will give me specific applications for my life. An intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit is essential to this process.

Redemption

I must ask the Holy Spirit to open my eyes of understanding as I read God’s Word.

Talk to God

Father, thank you for empowering me to understand your Word. I ask you to open my eyes of understanding so I can bring my life into harmony with your will for me. Only then can I expect to be like the light of the morning when the sun rises in its full strength. I want to be a light in the world pointing the way to you. Amen.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

Experience SON POWER!

The Roots of Hope!