The Lord’s ROI (Return On Investment)!

 


The Lord’s ROI (Return On Investment)

Scripture: Matthew 25:25–27

So I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.’

But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest.’” (Matthew 25:25–27)

In Kingdom of God, one of our main motivations, at the instruction of Jesus Christ, is to build up treasure for ourselves in heaven, so our lives will echo into eternity. Some people don’t care about building up treasure for themselves in heaven; they think they can coast their way to heaven after making a decision for Christ.

The above passage makes it clear there is another side of the coin that relates to the Lord’s ROI, or the Lord’s Return On Investment.

He sacrificed his son, Jesus Christ, so you and I can have eternal life.

He has made a huge investment in each of us.

He has redeemed for himself a people who are zealous to do good works. He expects a return on his investment.

Each person has been designed for a specific purpose.

Each person is gifted by God. When we pass into the next world, we will give an accounting for what we have done or not done with the “talents” God has given us.

In today’s passage, the servant recognized that God owned the talent God had given to him. However, instead of using it, he buried it and gave a lame excuse for not using it. In fact, he blamed God!

His master severely reprimands him for being a “slothful servant,” a label we want to avoid like the plague because of eternal consequences.

When I think about the incredible investment God has made in me by sending his son, Jesus, I ask myself: What will I do with it?

Will I be a victorious yield-active Converterlator, using my gifts for the advancement of God’s kingdom?

Or will I be a victim of the Consumerlator, who had victory over the use of my temporary time, talent, and treasure while I was in this world?

I want to make sure I am a strategic kingdom investor, looking to maximize the returns by properly investing my time, talent, and treasure for the advancement of God’s kingdom.

Today, ask yourself:

Is God getting a return on his investment in me? What steps am I taking to make sure that is the case?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

The Roots of Hope!

The Source of Son Power!