Are You Following a Mirage?


Are You Following a Mirage?

“Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life….” (John 6:27)

The self-life is a dead end.
Unfortunately, most people concentrate on how they can meet their own desires and needs and give little thought to their own eternal destinies or the eternal destinies of others.
When we labor for the food that endures to eternal life, we become more heavenly minded and earthly sensitive. We realize we have been left in this world to serve the interests of God.
We begin to join others who are in the process of bringing their lives into conformance with God’s will. As we do this, God empowers us to serve him and others, bringing us a life of fulfillment.
Following the self-life and the pursuit of more and more never satisfies one for long. It is a mirage that ultimately leads to self-destruction.
Paul said, “For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” (Phil. 1:21). He was a follower of Jesus Christ.

Today, ask yourself:

What or whom am I following?
Am I following a mirage or am I following the Lord’s plan for me?
Am I laboring for those things that will ultimately perish or am I laboring for the food that will pay eternal dividends?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

The Roots of Hope!

The Source of Son Power!