The Most Powerful Relationship Possible


Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.” (Revelation 3:20)

We focus on our relationship with God. This verse from Revelation assures us that Jesus Christ will come into our life, just like we would have a friend over for dinner.

And yet, our relationship with Jesus is even more powerful than human friendships:
Jesus replied, ‘All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.’ ” (John 14:23)

You can’t get much more intimate than making your home with someone!

Not only is Jesus with us individually, but he is with us when we are gathered together as believers.

For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.” (Matthew 18:20)

One reason Jesus wants us to have a relationship with him is so we can also have a proper relationship with others:
But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7)

Relationships with others allow us to be more effective in fulfilling the mission to reach the world around us. The blood of Jesus Christ removes our sin so we can be transparent with each other, erasing the barriers that can separate us.

Jesus assures us that he will never leave us or forsake us:
Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, ‘I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.’” (Hebrews 13:5)

Jesus is the best friend we can have. No one else can promise this. He has the power to keep anything from separating us from him.

Today, ask yourself:
Am I aware of the friendship I can have with Jesus Christ? Am I cultivating it daily?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Water it Down!

The Roots of Hope!

The Source of Son Power!